Board Certified Educational Therapist (BCET)
- Highest level of professional qualification recognized by AET
- Open to ET/Professional (ET/P) members who have a Master’s Degree in a field related to educational therapy and have been ET/P members in good standing for at least one year
- Must meet additional requirements specified by the AET Certification Board.
Board Certified Educational Therapist (BCET) membership benefits include:
- Use of registered service mark BCET
- Recognition for having achieved the highest level of professional qualification in AET
- Opportunities to support and mentor new educational therapists
- Access to professional liability insurance
- Listing in the AET Referral Directory
- Link from the Referral Directory to your personal website or blog.
- Discounts to AET events and the AET store
- Professional networking and support
- The Educational Therapist Journal
- Local and Virtual Study Groups
- Access to the Members’ Center on the AET website
- Free or discounted webinars
What is required for Board Certified membership?
- Be an ET/P in good standing for at least one year.
- Complete and document an additional 1000 hours of clinical practice.
- Submit a formal case study that is approved by the Certification Board.
- Pass a written examination on ethical issues and best practices in educational therapy.
More information about the Board Certification process is available under the “Become Board Certified” heading in the Members’ Center area of the website.