Prepare for AET's Virtual Conference
TIME ZONE: The Virtual Conference is based on Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).
DOWNLOAD ZOOM: Download Zoom to your computer device.
• Click on download from their website at https://zoom.us
• Direct downloadable links below:
ATTEND: Join the AET Virtual Conference.
• After downloading Zoom, launch the application and click Join a Meeting. It will ask you for a meeting ID number that is provided in the email you will receive from AET.
• You can join a meeting by clicking the meeting link that was sent to your email or going to join.zoom.us and entering in the meeting ID.
o NOTE: You do not need to create a free Zoom account to participate in this virtual conference. If you have an existing account, you may sign into that first, then click Join a Meeting.
CHECK AUDIO: Confirm the use of your computer/device audio.
• On most devices, you can join computer/device audio by clicking Join Audio, Join with Computer Audio, or Audio to access the audio settings.
• A Bluetooth device is compatible with the computer or mobile device that you are using.
• What if you experience an echo in your meeting.
o You may have both the computer and telephone audio activated.
o If you join from a computer and call in from the telephone, please make sure you either:
• Enter your participant ID when calling in.
• Manually leave computer audio on your computer
CHECK VIDEO: Confirming the use of your computer/device video.
• While you are not required to have a webcam to join the AET Virtual Conference, you will not be able to transmit video of yourself. You will continue to be able to listen, and view the speakers.
• If you have video/camera but it isn’t working.
o Troubleshooting tips for Windows
• Make sure that all other programs that utilize the camera are not using the camera or are closed.
• Restart your computer.